Once we have laid your new sod lawn, we will water the area to stimulate root growth, and prevent the new sod from drying out. Further care will be required after installation to ensure a healthy lawn takes root.
1. The sod will need to be watered daily until established (Approx. 2 weeks) For best results, conduct watering early in the morning, or late in the evening. (Watering while the sun is high in the sky will result in the water evaporating before it reaches the roots)
- If you have chosen to go with an automated sprinkler system, you will need need to program each zone to run for 15 minutes.
- If you are using a sprinkler attached to a garden hose, you will need to move it around the area ensuring all areas receive water for approximately 15 minutes.
2. Check the sod daily before watering. Lift a corner of the sod and ensure the soil is cool to the touch, but not wet, and adjust watering times accordingly. (Test multiple locations on larger projects)
3. After approximately two weeks, you should feel resistance when lifting the corner of the sod. This means the roots have taken, and you may move to your typically watering schedule of 1-2 times per week.
Follow these instructions and enjoy a healthy lawn for years to come!