We are a landscape construction company with over a decade of experience. We are looking for quick learners with high quality standards, initiative, and attention to detail. You must be capable and willing to work 40-50hrs/week, from approximately April 15 to November 15th (weather dependant). Starting wage is $15.50/hour, and can increase based on relevant experience in similar fields.
*Class 3 license required (air brakes not necessary)
The Backup Logistics Driver will perform the duties of a Logistics Driver when a substitute is necessary. At all other times, he/she will work as a General Labourer, or other on-site Specialist, as training dictates.
A General Labourer and/or Specialist works under an experienced Project Manager and Supervisor. They are responsible for following the instructions of their superiors, and completing jobsite tasks relating to a variety of construction methods. All employees must take reasonable care to protect their health and safety as well as the health and safety of other workers who may be affected by their actions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain productivity during prolonged periods of physical exertion
- Use proper lifting procedures to lift and carry very heavy materials
- Transportation of a wide variety of items to our job sites, company properties, suppliers, and dump sites throughout the city and surrounding area
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery vehicle
- Perform site cleanup
- Complete logs and reports
- Perform preventative maintenance on fleet vehicles, trailers and equipment
- Maintain equipment and fleet inspection/operation service records
- Organize yard inventory/storage
- Follow instructions and executing all tasks according to company Policies and Procedure
- Know and comply with the Company’s Safe Work Practices
- Know and comply with specific Safe Job Procedures
- Know and comply with Manitoba’s Health & Safety Legislation and Regulations governing conduct at work
- Maintain an organized and safe work environment
- Immediately report unsafe conditions to superior
- Promptly report all accidents and injuries, no matter how slight, and obtain required medical attention
- Cooperate in incident investigations in order to prevent recurrences
- Set a good example for other employees
- We have very strict policies with regard to personal conduct on our sites. These are outlined in our Policies and Procedures, and must be read and understood before you can begin employment.
- You will be required to provide us with a current Commercial Driver’s Abstract at your interview.
- We require a criminal record check as part of our hiring process. An offer of employment will be withdrawn if it is believed that the criminal record would place B.Rocke Landscaping or its clients at risk.
- Employment is subject to a probation period during which time you will be evaluated based on work ethic, performance and ability to keep on schedule.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and three references to us.